5 Tips for Preparing for an Early-in-the-Year Sale
There are numerous reasons why you might need to sell early in the year.
Do you even need to sell this month? Whatever your reasons, preparation
is key. Make the right moves now and your sale is likely to go smoothly
Follow these tips:
1. Make a list of what needs to be done around the property to prepare it
for listing. That includes decluttering, cleaning, getting needed repairs
done, and so forth.
2. Schedule those tasks. On a calendar or planner, block out ample time
to do everything on your list. Give yourself a time buffer because things
can often take longer to do than expected.
3. Get help. You don’t need to do everything yourself. Consider hiring a
painter, contractor, cleaning service, and other professionals.
Outsourcing can reduce a lot of the stress of selling while ensuring your
property is prepared in time.
4. Dispose of unwanted items that may have accumulated over the years
in the garage, basement, and closets. You can have a yard sale, sell
stuff online, donate items to charity, or take them to your local
5. Free up your schedule during the period you expect your property to
be on the market. You want your home to be accessible for showings
as often as possible, giving prospective buyers a lot of flexibility
The idea is to get your property as “sales-ready” as possible — as early in the
year as possible. That way, when it comes time to list your home, you won’t
have to scramble to get it ready. The hard work will be done and you’ll be able
to focus on selling your property quickly and for the best price.
Want more tips on preparing your home for sale? Call today.